Last Updated: April 23, 2019
Our Commitment to Privacy
- Information We Collect and How We Collect It
- How We Use Your Information
- How We Share Your Information
- Your Rights and Choices
- Data Retention
- Jurisdiction-specific Provisions
- Children’s Privacy
- Our Commitment to Data Security
- Notification Procedures
- Cross-Border Data Transfers
- External Links
- Your Acceptance of these Terms
- Contact Us
We need to process your personal information to run our business and provide you with the Services. By accepting our Terms of Service, you are confirming that you have read and understood this policy including how and why we use your information. If you don’t want us to collect or process your personal information in the ways described in this policy, you shouldn’t use the Services.
Arklign’s Terms of Service require all account owners to be at least 18 years of age. Children under age 13 are not permitted to use the Services.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We comply with the data minimization principles of data protection laws and we will not collect any personal data from you that we do not need, in order to provide and oversee our services.
We may collect and use the following types of information from those who use the Services:
- Registration, Account Setup, Service Usage. We collect personal information (“Personal Information”) that you voluntarily provide to us when registering at the Site or App, expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, participating in activities on the Site or App, or otherwise contacting us.
- Name and Contact Data. We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data.
- We may collect and/or process salutation, gender, and age (or date of birth).
- Professional Details: We collect and process your job title, license number, and your company information.
- We collect and process passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
- Account Data. We will collect and process any notification preferences for case alerts that Arklign will communicate to you via email or in App. We will collect and process any display options that you set in Your Account.
- Case Data. We collect and process information for cases that you submit to us through our Services, including patient data (name, age, and gender), product selections (as per our current product list, and including any design options), and any special instructions (including uploaded images). We will also collect any design preferences that you save in Your Account.
- Your Services. Information about your requests for products/services, your transactions using the Services, including, but not limited to, your purchases/subscriptions and order history.
- Automated Information. Arklign automatically receives and records information from your browser or mobile device as you use our Services through automatic data collection technologies. This information is used for purposes of administering the Services, analyzing trends, tracking visitor activity, improving our services, and collecting demographic data.
- Log file information commonly collected by host servers when you visit websites or apps, including internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamps, referring/exit pages, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, click counts, app version, app usage and debugging information, device identifiers, advertisement interactions, and similar information.
- Other details regarding your activities through the Services, including your equipment, operating system, software, traffic information, and location data.
- For more information about our use of automated data collection technologies, please read our Cookies & Related Technologies Policy.
- User Contributions. The information you provide when submitting information to be posted or otherwise displayed on public areas of the Site/Apps or transmitted to other visitors or third parties on the internet (collectively, “User Contributions“). All User Contributions are submitted at your own risk. Although we always seek to protect your information, we cannot guarantee that our security over User Contributions is impenetrable. We also cannot control how other visitors and third parties that gain access to User Contributions will use such information.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. Because we track visitors’ activities over time and across third-party websites, we respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals sent to us from our visitors’ browsers. We also allow third parties to track such activities.
Personal information or other data we collect online may also be combined with other information about you that we obtain from your past use of the Services, from our business partners, and from other companies. Where permitted by applicable law, we may access other information about you collected from third parties, such as social media and marketing companies. We will treat any non-personal information that is combined with personal information as if it were all personal information.
How We Use Your Information
We use your personal information to fulfill a contract with you and provide you with our Services, to comply with our legal obligation, protect your vital interest, or as may be required for the public good. This includes:
- to administer the Site/App and enforce our rules and policies,
- to provide access to Site/App content and Services to you,
- to customize Site/App content and Services according to your preferences,
- to improve the Site/App and Services,
- to diagnose technical or Service-related problems,
- to maintain security over your information, the Site/App, and its contents,
- to fulfill any requests for information, products, or Services,
- to facilitate transactions you make on the Site/App or Services, which may include sending payment statements or receipts, or assisting with payment collection,
- to display your User Contributions,
- to process and respond to your feedback and suggestions,
- to contact you regarding your account or Services we provide you,
- for any other use as we may indicate at the time you provide the information, and
- to fulfill any other purpose with your consent.
We use your personal information to pursue our legitimate interests where your rights and freedoms do not outweigh these interests. This includes:
- to improve the Site/App and Services, for example by reviewing information associated with stalled or crashed pages experienced by users allowing us to identify and fix problems and give you a better experience,
- to research and analyze the usage data, preferences, and trends of our visitors,
- to research and analyze our target demographics,
- to provide targeted advertising,
- to send you marketing communications, such as information about new products, Services, or specials; based on your communication preferences,
- to measure the performance of our email marketing campaigns (e.g. by analyzing open and click rates), and
- to monitor and improve the information security of our site and mobile applications.
With your consent, we may use your personal information to contact you regarding third-party services you may be interested in.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
All information collected from visitors of the Site and App belongs to us, whether or not such information is personal information, the information you volunteer, or information passively collected about you. As such, such information may be subject to transfer to a new owner in the event of our bankruptcy, sale, or liquidation.
Your Rights and Choices
Access, Correction, and Deletion of Information. You can see, review and change most of your personal information by signing in to your account, visiting your account page, and configuring the relevant settings. You can also email us at [email protected]. If you provided personal information in connection with a specific Service we provide, you may have to update or delete that information by returning to that Service page.
You are responsible for keeping any personal information you provide on the Site and/or App current.
Note that deleting your User Contributions on the Site will not delete copies of your User Contributions that may exist in cached or archived pages or copies that may be stored by other visitors.
Choice/Opt-Out Procedures: As your privacy is important to us, we provide you with the following procedure(s) for opting out of future communications from us:
- Send an email to [email protected] explaining the specific communications or privacy practices you want to opt out of. You may also opt out by clicking “unsubscribe,” or a similar button, at the bottom of any emails we may send you and then follow the online instructions. However, please note that it may not be possible to opt out of certain emails (for example, confirmation emails related to services you have requested).
- You can configure your notification choices for email and in App through your account. You can also send an email to [email protected] specifying the notification changes requested.
- In order to opt out of cookies and other tracking technologies, you can configure or disable cookies in your browser settings. However, please note that doing so may cause parts of the Site to function improperly. Refer to our Cookie and Related Technologies Policy for additional information about opting out of Cookies.
Jurisdiction Specific Provisions
Notice of California Privacy Rights. FOR RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA ONLY. Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents who use our Site or App may request certain information regarding any disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make this request, please email us at [email protected] or use the contact information provided below at the end of this policy. Should you choose to email us, please include in the subject line or body of your email the phrase “California Customer Choice Privacy Notice” and specify the personal information you do not wish to be shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for a response.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. Our Site and Apps do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, do not use this Site, our App or provide any personal information to us. We will delete all information that we discover is provided by children under 13 years of age without verification of parental consent. Please email us at [email protected] if you believe we have received personal information from a child aged under 13 and we will use our best efforts to remove such information.
Our Commitment to Data Security
We take the security of your information seriously and have electronic, physical, and administrative safeguards in place that comply with federal regulations for your protection. These security measures seek to protect your information both online and offline from disclosure, alteration, or unauthorized use. However, please keep in mind that no transmission of data over the internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. Third parties may be able to access private communications illegally; for instance, through the use of hacking and viruses. As such, all information you transmit on the Sites or Services is at your own risk. We are not responsible for instances where third parties circumvent our security measures without authorization, illegally or otherwise.
The information you submit to us is encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) data encryption technology and is transmitted securely. You may verify this by locating “https” at the beginning of the address of the webpage or an icon of a closed lock in your browser. The computers and servers we use are also kept in a secure environment behind firewalls. We limit access to your information to those people that need to view it to perform necessary support tasks, including fulfilling your requests. You can find additional information on how we encrypt, protect and backup your data here.
We also require you to create a unique password to help secure your account. It is your responsibility to maintain the secrecy of your password and other login information. Please be aware of when you are submitting User Contributions in public spaces that may be viewed by others. It is your responsibility to avoid submitting information you wish to keep confidential.
We will promptly notify you in the event that personal information becomes compromised according to our notification procedures outlined below or as otherwise required by applicable law.
If you feel that your account or personal information has been compromised, please email [email protected] or call (855) 361-4512.
Cross-Border Data Transfers
Your personal information may be processed and transferred to countries other than your own, including, but not limited to, any country in which we operate. Some of these countries may have different laws and practices regarding data protection than your country. By using the Services, you agree to such cross-border transfers, storage, and processing of your personal information, though other jurisdictions may not afford the same level of data protection as considered adequate in your own country. We will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information. Note that your personal information may be available to the United States government or its agencies under legal process made in the United States.
Your Acceptance of These Terms
How to Contact Us About Your Personal Information or Privacy
- Send an email to [email protected] or via the Contact Us link on our homepage.
- You can also contact our Privacy Office at:
Attn: Office of Privacy
2526 Qume Dr Ste 15
San Jose, California 95131
- If you feel that your account or personal information has been compromised, please email [email protected] or call (855) 361-4512.